Monday, November 2, 2015

New kid on the block!

Hello and welcome!!

Well, here we go, folks!  The time has come that I get a blog up and running for this writing gig.  Please bear with me as this site will be under construction for a bit while I get things figured out.

I am Rachel Smith.  I am the self published author of two books.  I released Home in March of 2014 and the follow up in the series, Broken Home, in March of 2015.

I can't say what got me started in doing this.  I suppose it can be attributed to some major life changes that happened to free up a little time for me.  I've always been an avid reader (and still am) and one day just thought, "I wonder if I could write a book?"

So I sat down and started one.  

Three months later, the rough draft was finished.

My initial intent was to print it out, staple it together and let my friends read it.

But then I found out about the crazy world of self publishing... and that there are SO MANY other writers like me who can fulfill that dream of holding your actual printed book in your hands.

So I did.

And it was freaking awesome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




No comments:

Post a Comment